Tandem Skydiving Facts
Skydiving is one of the greatest adventures and is one of the main items on peoples bucket lists. I thought it would be interesting to go over some fun and strange facts about skydiving with all of you.
- The highest jump was made by Alan Eustace on October 24, 2014. He jumped from a height of 135,890 feet. This jump took place in Roswell, New Mexico. A place also known for many U.F.O. sightings. There has not been a report of Mr Eustace seeing any aliens while in free fall.
- Approximately 500,000 people make a skydive each year. That sounds like a lot of people, but when the population of the world is now 7 billion, it is not that many.
- There are 332 Skydiving schools in the United States. California has the most schools with a count of 27.
- Right now the oldest person to make a skydive is 103 years old and the Tandem Skydive was made in the country of Brazil. It was her second jump. She made her first one at the age of 100.
- President George H.W. Bush made a Tandem Skydive for his 90th birthday.
- A skydiver by the name of Jay Stokes holds the record for the most amount of skydives made in one day. Mr. Stokes made 640 jumps in one day in 2006.
- The most number of jumps made by the owner of No Limits Skydiving in one day is 19.
I hope you found some of these facts about skydiving interesting. What would be even more interesting is experiencing skydiving for yourself. You can do that by making a reservation with No Limits Skydiving for your Tandem Skydive. We hope to see you in the sky with us soon.